Lip Fillers & Lip Enhancements
Personalised Lip Enhancement for natural looking lips.
Lip fillers and contouring treatments that help to create a stunning natural look.
What are Lip Fillers?
Lip fillers are used to help enhance the lip area, and fill in thin or uneven lips. An injectable dermal filler with a Hyaluronic acid solution (HA) is used for the lip injections.
These gel-like fillers consist of a thick hydrating fluid that is naturally found in the connective tissues of your body.
The gel is injected into the lips or around the mouth to give a more defined look.
The procedure can be tailored to the individuals needs, giving a more hydrated and natural look to the lips. The ageing process causes your lips to naturally go thinner, lip fillers can be used to enhance the lips for the look the client requires.
Both men and women of all ages can benefit from lip enhancements. Lip fillers can be used to achieve your desired shape, definition and volume.
What is Hyaluronic acid (HA) & is it safe?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring polysaccharide (carbohydrate) in the human body.
It is present in large amounts in the spaces between the skin cells, Hyaluronic acid provides moisture, firmness and suppleness to the skin.
The ability to produce Hyaluronic acid decreases with age.
Hyaluronic acid is a powerful moisture-binding ingredient because Hyaluronic acid binds so easily with water it is used in skin care products as a superior moisturiser.
If applied regularly it will increase hydration and improve elasticity of the skin. Hyaluronic acid may also repair collagen, improve the appearance of scars, and reverse free radical damage. Hyaluronic acid is suitable for all skin types and is completely safe.
- Improve the Philtrum column definition of your upper lip
- Enhance the vermilion border and the lip outlines
- Outside corners & sagging lines around the lips
- Lift the edges of your lips to restore their youthful look
- Creating a natural lip contour by enhancing the cupids bow
- Flat lips & wrinkles around the lips
- Improve the asymmetry of the lips
- Smoothing vertical perioral lines (Smoker’s lines)
- Soften lipstick bleed lines
- Improve the marionette area underneath the mouth
Before the lip filler procedure can go ahead, Dr Natasha will give a detailed consultation, and discuss what areas of the lips are to be injected.
A small amount of (Non-permanent) Hyaluronic acid solution (HA) is injected using a fine hypodermic needle into the desired lip area.
The treatment normally takes between 15-20 minutes to complete, depending on the areas being injected.
After completing a series of injections, Dr. Natasha will then massage the client’s lips.
This is to ensure the lip filler is evenly distributed around the lip area, and make the lips look even and smooth.
There will be a minimal amount of discomfort during the procedure and afterwards where the filler has been injected, this is normal.
The procedure will give volume, plumpness and definition to the lips with a softer, natural look.
- All procedures are only performed by Dr. Natasha
- Treatments are safe and virtually pain free
- Dr Natasha uses a wide range of fillers and techniques.
- The lip fillers are non-permanent
- Treatments are tailored to the clients individuals needs
- Fillers can be added to or removed at any time
- A more youthful, pronounced pout and enhanced smile
- Non-invasive treatment with minimal recovery time
- Improve self-confidence and achieve natural looking lips
- Dr Natasha is technique trained to a very high standard
- Results are visible immediately, with long-lasting results
- The only Clinic in Leicester to offer Lip Cannula & Lip Threads
- Lip fillers give more volume and definition to the symmetry of uneven lips
- Honest, Private Fully Qualified GP advice and treatments by Dr. Natasha Ranga MRCGP
- Experience and expertise in Lip fillers, lip augmentation and lip correction
- Fully trained in Advanced aesthetics procedures
- Save Face Accredited by Professional Standards Authority and is recognised by the Government and The Care Quality Commission
- Superior after care support
- Modern, comfortable and hygienic local premises for your consultation and treatment
- Past and present client satisfaction and feedback
- Dr Natasha Clinics only uses the highest grade FDA approved products for every treatment
The recovery time is usually between 24-72 hours post-procedure.
It is highly recommended that the client follows the post-procedure recommendations to avoid complications or infection.
It is recommended that you avoid Smoking after the procedure. Smoking can cause the lips to tighten and constrict, and may shorten the life of the lip augmentation procedure and overall look of the lips.
Dr. Natasha can inject a specially formulated enzyme called Hyaluronidase.
This formula will dissolve the unwanted filler within a few minutes, if you’re unhappy with the initial results. (Please allow time for the initial injections to settle)
Dr. Natasha will carefully inject the Hyaluronidase to the level of correction desired. A larger dose of Hyaluronidase may be required to completely eliminate all of the filler from the lips.
Hyaluronidase injections are recommended to be delayed for several days post procedure in order to allow for any swelling and bruising to subside.
- DO let Dr Natasha know if you have previously suffered from facial cold sores. (We can prescribe a medication if required)
- DO not have the treatment right before a big event. It is likely that your lips will swell, and you will likely want to have this treatment a week or two before you need to look your best.
- DO not take aspirin or any anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St John’s Wort, or high doses of vitamin E (Any medication or supplement that causes blood-thinning may increase your risk of bruising and bleeding)
- DO have ideas of what you want. For example, like a haircut, if you can bring in pictures of what you are looking to achieve, it will be very helpful to Dr Natasha. But at the same time, DO be realistic with your expectations.
- DO be prepared for a little discomfort. The products used for lip injections, all have a numbing agent mixed in, but with an area as sensitive as the lips, you are likely still going to feel some of the injections.
- DO wait about a week to get a good idea of what your results will look like, and then please DO ENJOY!
- Always stay hydrated.
- DON’T massage your lips after your treatment (You may minimize the amount of volume achieved by squashing the Lip filler)
- DON’T be scared if despite doing all the right things, your lips are still swollen and bruised.
- DON’T Smoke for at least 24-36 hours (Smoking is not recommended post procedure)
- Apply ice afterwards (If required) If you ice immediately after the treatment, it will help minimize any bruising.
- Avoid any Hot Drinks (Post procedure) as this can affect the Lip filler.
- Avoid any alcohol consumption for 24 hours before treatment and 24 hours (Post procedure)
- Avoid any exercise for 24 hours (Post procedure)
- Avoid using any Make-up or Skin care products / Spray Tan / Direct sunlight, sun exposure and do not use tanning beds.
- Avoid any water on the lips. Use a facial cleansing wipe to clean face, avoiding the lip area.
- Avoid touching or massaging the lips unless absolutely necessary.
- Avoid chewing gum and kissing.
- Use Arnica Cream (TM) after your treatment to help with any bruising or discomfort (If required)
- Keep lips moisturized at all times. Use Aquaphor Cream (TM) or a good quality Lip balm.
- If the client has a cold sore, take appropriate anti-viral medication (as soon as possible)
- Apply cool compresses to injected sites for five minutes up to (Four times a day) If Required.
- Restrict facial movements (Where possible) Up to 1-3 weeks post procedure.
- Try to keep the head elevated while sleeping for the first (48 hours post procedure) to help prevent swelling.
- Sleep in an upright position, face up, to help reduce any swelling (3-7 nights post procedure)
- Avoid any dental appointments, facial appointments and chemical treatments (4 weeks post procedure)
- Avoid excessive heat – swimming pools, sauna, steam rooms, hot showers for at least (48 hours post procedure)
- Paracetamol is advised to patients for post procedure discomfort (Ibuprofen should be avoided)
- Always stay hydrated.
Learn More - Select Question
Dr. Natasha will advise on the amount of filler that is required to achieve the client’s desired look at their consultation.
The lip filler procedure, which requires medical knowledge and expertise, Dr. Natasha will recommend the best course of treatment that’s best for the client.
The amount of filler required also depends on the client’s age, the current size of the lips, the looseness of the lips and the end result that the client is looking to achieve.
Dr. Natasha takes every precaution for a clean and safe procedure, only sterilised equipment is used for every procedure in a sanitised environment.
Clients should follow the post procedure recommendations, and there should be minimal risks or complications.
The treatment is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women, or anyone who suffers from any severe allergic reactions.
Bruising, redness, swelling and discomfort are all possible, and usually only last from one to a few days only. This can be treated with Aciclovir Cream(TM) immediately after the treatment (If required).
Dr. Natasha will discuss any side effects prior to your treatment, and the client will be asked to fill out a consent form on their medical history.
If you have previously had any cold sores around the mouth, the treatment may bring on an outbreak. Medication such as Aciclovir(TM) tablets or cream are recommended post procedure.
This is a very common question. The lips are a very tender area, and will be obviously sensitive to any injection.
However, your lips will be numbed before the treatment is carried out. Most people can tolerate the injections and find the procedure much less uncomfortable than they first expected.
(The consultation is free with Dr Natasha, however we do require a £25 deposit to confirm booking, this will then be deducted from the treatment total)
- Dr. Natasha will give a consultation, discuss and advise all available options with the client prior to the treatment.
- A thorough medical history will be discussed before each treatment is carried out.
- A discussion will take place at the consultation, as to the look and which treatment the client requires. Once the client fully understands what’s involved with the treatment:-
- A consent form is then signed,
- Pre-treatment photos are taken, if the client is happy to proceed, then the treatment will go ahead.
Some clients experience some slight swelling or bruising post treatment, this is normal.
The extent on how this affects the client usually depends on how easily they bruise, usually it’s very minor.
You may also notice that your lips are tender for up to 5 days following the treatment.
Dr. Natasha will give aftercare advice and answer any questions or queries the client may have.
Dr. Natasha will arrange a future appointment date with the client, for a post procedure checkup. Dr. Natasha will also advise that the post procedure recommendations are followed.
The procedure is very safe. Dr. Natasha is very experienced and specialises in lip fillers & lip augmentation.
Common side-effects include redness, mild bruising and mild swelling, this is usually minimal. These usually resolve within a few hours, but bruising may last for a few days.
Normally the results last between 6-8 months.
However, this is dependent on the individual, and if the post procedure recommendations are followed.
A follow up treatment is recommended by Dr. Natasha to maintain the look required by the client. Dr. Natasha will discuss your next course of treatment, if required at your aftercare appointment.
Book the treatments you have always wanted and manage your finances
- – A discreet and personal service
- – A simple and quick application process – online or over the phone
- – High acceptance rate
- – Competitive repayment options
- – A choice of repayment periods
Thanks so much for my lips. I Love them still looking fuller. Can’t wait to get them done again. Thank you Dr Natasha
Gummy Smile Correction
I feel great. The treatment has restored my confidence and I can’t stop smiling!